Monday, November 15, 2004

A New Week

Okay, I don't think I posted a single thing here last week. I was working on a BIAW and the NaNoWriMo, and writing lots and lots--I didn't even write my newspaper column last week. Everything focused on the book. Well, mostly everything.

I got about 40 pages written last week. Not as much as I wanted, but more than I expected. The story is moving right along.

Then I went with my son's French Class to Dallas on a one-day trip to see Cirque du Soleil. We left at 7 a.m. and got home around 1:30, with about 6 hours in Dallas. Want to hear panic in a teenager’s voice? Just sit in on a game of high school Truth-or-Dare during a school trip and let them suddenly recall in the midst of all the uproar that one of those listening in writes the weekly column for the hometown newspaper.

Cirque du Soleil was fabulous. I can't describe it--just go visit their website to see what all they do. But now I want to write a circus story even more than I did before. Someday, maybe.

Meanwhile, it's back to work on the book. I got 4 pages done this morning, but I really need to go back to work on it. I'd like to have a couple more pages to the good today. It's time to rescue the guy and get out of town. I'm on the downhill side, but...


No comments: