Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Something to Talk About

That's what I need. A subject for my blog. The weekend was far busier than I wanted it to be. I really wanted a lazy weekend, but the fella wanted to Do Stuff. We went to the Wings Over Houston air show and saw the Blue Angels we missed in San Francisco. We hurried home to be there for trick-or-treaters, and got exactly four kids, in two families--two kids each. Then we went over to friends for drinks and snackies. It was fun, but I was ExHausTed.

The week has flown by. I feel like I've been working all week, but I've only gone in two days. I have to go to the parents' house tomorrow to go with Mom through some doctor stuff, and won't be home again till Monday. Then I have doctor stuff of my own. Ugh. All of which makes the week feel VERY short. Because I haven't Done Anything. At least I don't feel like I have.

The boy introduced me to an online game. (Bad boy!) It does allow for lengthy breaks in which to do one's business.

Also, I was smacked in the head with a new story idea, and since I need to send the chapters I'm revising out for a read, I think I'm going to take part of November to do a me-style NaNoWriMo (I don't sign up, don't log in words, etc. because I don't do them on a computer) and see what I can do with this. Especially since I'm going to be out of pocket for 5 days. I woke up this a.m. with scenes and dialogue floating through my head, so I really think I'm going to have to. For a little while at least. Then maybe it will leave me along. Maybe I can write it episodically.

So. This is a very short post, because I'm having a short week. Or maybe it's a long one. I don't know. I feel rather brain dead. Next week doesn't look to be much better. The Brit at the paper wants me to work 3 days to make up for the other person being out half a day--but I have this doctor stuff, and I'm not sure I'm going to feel like it. We will see. I may only want to come in ONE day. Ah well. I'll hang in. Y'all hang too.

No comments: