Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's Been a While

I've been out of town. I blogged about it here.

I guess that's why it doesn't feel like it's been that long since I posted a blog. Because I did. Just not here. Oops. Sorry, y'all.

And when I got home from coping with all of that, I had medical stuff, plus Ian at the newspaper wanted me to work extra last week, so I did. Then I had a thing Saturday, and... well, it was just really, really busy.

So, anyway--I did have some pretty good news today, after weeks of running like a crazy person. Heart's Blood, the book that's coming out right before the new year, was given 4-1/2 stars from RT Book Reviews and named a Top Pick! in Science Fiction & Fantasy.

I'm not sure why it wasn't in the Paranormal Romance section, since it's published by Tor Paranormal Romance, but there were only two Top Picks in SF/F. Less competition. ;) Anyway, I still don't know what the review actually SAYS, but it's a Top Pick, and I'm happy.

Today is the boy's birthday. My baby is getting old. He's 23. (He should graduate next spring? A nasty chemistry course has popped up that he may have to take in summer...) Anyway, we had a card, and a nice dinner (pot roast with herb gravy & Real mashed potatoes with lots of butter), and then a pineapple cheesecake. I'd never made it before, but it was GOOD. Yum. And we watched Star Trek on DVD.

Even in this new version--I like Dr. McCoy and Mr. Scott the best. Karl Urban and Simon Pegg. Rowr.

Seems like there was something else cool I could tell you--Oh! I got the excerpt for Heart's Blood up on my website. Go check it out. :)

Now I think I am going to go dissolve in my bed.

No comments: