Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

I stumbled across this recently and thought I'd participate, even though I don't quite know what it is. I'm guessing 13 random things I want to put on my website. So here's mine:

The last 13 new books I read (I am not counting re-reads or the book I just skimmed)
They are, in the order in which they are stacked up on my desk:
1. THE SPYMASTER'S LADY by Joanna Bourne (Excellent!)
2. A DANGEROUS LOVE by Brenda Joyce (Good)
3. YOU'VE GOT MALE by Elizabeth Bevarly (fun)
4. PERSONAL DEMON by Kelley Armstrong (Good)
5. HEROES ADRIFT by Moira Moore (Good)
6. MYSTIC HORSEMAN by Kathleen Eagle (Good)
7. THE TYCOON'S ONE NIGHT REVENGE by Bronwyn Jameson (Also good)
8. THE DUKE NEXT DOOR by Celeste Bradley (fun and good)
9. PRIVATE ARRANGEMENTS by Sherry Thomas (pretty good)
10. THE STOLEN PRINCESS by Anne Gracie (Don't remember, but I usually like Gracie)
11. FORGOTTEN MARRIAGE by Paula Roe (forgot this one too, but ...)
12. VOWS OF A VENGEFUL GROOM by Bronwyn Jameson (another Australian goodie)
13. SIMPLY PERFECT by Mary Balogh (Excellent)

Some of the others may deserve excellents, but I'll have to look at them again. Enjoyed reading all of them--I skipped a fair portion of the Thomas book, but that's because of all the flashbacks. Not because they were flashbacks, per se, but because it was looking back at previous misery. Or maybe because it was looking back at previous happiness which I knew became misery.

I skimmed most of THE VANISHING VISCOUNTESS by Diane Gaston, and I really can't pinpoint why--it just didn't grab me like the Balogh and Bourne books did. I've liked the other Gaston's I've read, but this one--maybe because it was a traveling story. Don't know. And my re-read was KINSMAN'S OATH by Susan Krinard. I even bought a new secondhand copy to re-read it...

Now to get these all up on Shelfari and GoodReads, and in my computer log, and on the Romance Readers Anonymous loop...

No comments: