Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Gigi tries to keep up

It's interesting, the things a three-year-old boy finds hilarious. Or an almost-six year old. The simple mention of the word "fart" or even "toot." "Tee-tee," will send them into gales of laughter--falling-down-on-the-floor laughter. Which itself is also cause for more hilarity. In two and a half days (they aren't awake yet today, which is the only reason I'm here writing this...), I have learned alot about preschooler potty-mouth. Yeah. I've got the grandboys. They'll be here for another week.

I did get the entire ms. of New Blood gone through, but haven't got it all into the computer yet. Need to get busy with that, maybe at night after they've gone to bed. They don't go to sleep once they go to bed, understand. I have to stay up to send them back when they pop back up again. It's a little like whack-a-mole, except without the whacking. And to carry the little one to "Wunka Bob's bed " when he falls asleep in mine. (He tends to annoy his big brother, who really would rather sleep, and likes Granddaddy better anyway.)

We've been going to the library. Summer Reading program is this week, so we go listen to someone read stories, and make things, and sing songs and eat cookies, then we check out ONE video each. (The first day we went, they had a pile of about 15 videos they wanted to check out.) And ONE book each. (Police Cat is a pretty cool book. Not so wild about The King Who Sneezed.)

I have four packed-up boxes of books in the middle of my office floor...the box of totebags is in the garage already. I've cleaned out the TBR books I don't think I'll ever read--most of them, anyway, and have packed a box of hardback contemporaries to thin out the bookshelves in the living room. Took three boxes of cookbooks, a box of paperback fiction, plus three totebags stuffed full on Monday--and there are more yet to go. And of course, more books coming in. I've got to have something to read, you know. Even if I'm moving... ;)

Better go get the boys up, if we're going to make it to the library on time...

No comments: