Monday, March 19, 2007

Procrastination

Yes, I am one of those people who, if you look up procrastination in the dictionary, will be pictured there. I am the queen--nay, the Empress of Procrastination! At least when it comes to blogging on my own blog.

Okay, I have excuses. Like, I left town. And then when I came back the computer was still in the shop. For the rest of the whole week. But I could have blogged. I could have used to backup computer, even if it doesn't have any bookmarks to find places, and I'm not sure I even have the e-mail set up. I could have done it. But I procrastinated. I read. I read and read and read.

I also wrote. I learned a long time ago that if I want to get all the way to the end of a book, I need to Write First. So I came into my office and wrote every morning last week. Some days I only got 2 pages done, but I got them done. I need to remember the No excuses mantra. I want to finish the book this month. I'm getting close to the end. And unexpected things are still happening, so it's all good. But I need to get more than 6 pages in 3 hours.

Anyway, that's where I've been, and that's where I'm at. Oh, I'm all excited. C.E. Murphy (of Urban Shaman fame) got an advanced reader copy of Eternal Rose and she wrote me this wonderfully incoherent e-mail all about how much she loved it. If you've ever met Catie, you will understand how wonderfully incoherent she can get about all sorts of things. So it was nice that my book was one of them. I'm all happy.

Off to sleep now. After writing time in the a.m., will go let the dermatologist look at my skin cancers tomorrow (WEAR SUNSCREEN!!!) and see how they're doing with the cream treatment. Then I will go paint. I drew off a picture of one of the grandboys I love, so I'm going to give it a whirl. If I can successfully paint three portraits that don't suck, I may donate one to Brenda Novak's diabetes auction fundraiser next year. This is number two. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the good (if incoherent) review! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. :)

Irian said...

I was wondering when you'd be back. (Hey look, I can comment again.)

How'd your workshop go?

Anonymous said...

You cannot be the queen of procrastination, because I so own that title... if you wish, you can be the Princess of Procrastination.

Love CE Murphy, envious she has already read Eternal Rose, sooo excited for the release.

Now I have some bookkeeping that requires I NOT uphold my procrastination title. Wishing you happy & productive writing!

-dl

Gail Dayton said...

April! Glad to see you. :) (and the rest of you too)

The workshop went well, I think. Hard to tell--but I think it went well.