Thursday, November 06, 2008

One Step Forward, Two--Sideways?

The traffic light at Ave. O has gone out again. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

I'm excited because I can go pick up mail more often, now that they have trailers with P.O. boxes in them at my post office. Of course this new substitute mailbox is so tiny, we have to pick it up often... I am waiting on books (no surprise) and meds, so I hope they get here soon. Soon-ish.

And the causeway is almost done! I think the southbound lanes, which have been under construction since long before we moved to town, have already opened. It will be another few weeks while they re-stripe the northbound lanes (both north- and southbound traffic have been traveling on that side) to give us emergency lanes and shoulders, but it is almost finished. I am not the only person who will be happy. The causeway suffered no damage in the storm--except for some newly planted palm trees that got smashed down and a busted up sign or two. The roadway--even the part under construction--was just fine. Okay, it had a lot of boats and sand strewn all over it, but once they moved the boats, no problem. (They were still moving boats early this week...) (Lots of boats on the causeway.)

I'm in a good mood. I got 6 pages written today. Doesn't sound like much, but that's my "usual" number (especially considering I only wrote 1.5 yesterday)--though I'm still striving to get more, even with the interruptions. The switch from Daylight time falling at the same time as returning from New York's Eastern time has me waking up early, so I get to work earlier and can get more done.

Also, I went to get the new LKHamilton book, Swallowing Darkness, the day it came out, as well as J.D. Robb's Salvation in Death, and am happily devouring same.

Life. It requires laundry. And groceries. And people who cook food. I had better go take care of some of those things.

No comments: