Wednesday, May 09, 2007

8 Things about me

Natasha Moore tagged me to do this 8 things thing. Problem is, I don't know that there are 8 things y'all don't know about me... Anyway...

Here are the rules:

1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

I hope my 8 people haven't been tagged with something like this recently.
Okay, here are my 8 things...

1. Just got back from a quick trip to Galveston Island--and I didn't even go in the water! (shame on me--but I did take a walk down Seawall Blvd...)

2. I played flute in high school and college marching band--and I doubt I could get a sound out of the sucker now. I was not very good at it because I never actually practiced. Barely good enough to qualify. One of my roomies and I volunteered for last chair and next-to-last chair in concert band while in college, and when playing the really hard stuff, we would play alternate notes. Together we made a not-so-bad player...

3. I once worked as the "managing editor" of a small town weekly--what this really meant was that I wrote all the copy (except sports), took, developed and printed all the pictures, wrote the cutlines and picked out the stuff from the press releases to fill up the spaces in the rest of the paper. All in 3 days a week. For not very much $$.

4. While in college, the university renovated some old buildings, replacing towers that had been removed years before. The towers were built on the ground before being hoisted to the roof, and they were roughly the shape of a metronome--those weighted ticking things that keep time for practicing musicians. One of my roommates was inspired to take a gang of us and climb the construction fence and spraypaint the front of the tower (the plywood undercladding) like a metronome. And nobody knew we had done it until about 30 years later when I "fessed up" to the alumni magazine...

5. I've been reading Tarot cards for about 9 or 10 years--and still consider myself very much a beginner.

6. I have "tilted kneecaps" which gives them a predisposition to dislocate. Because I'm not very athletic, I've never dislocated them, but they're still persnickety about a lot of stuff...

7. I have 14 nephews and 4 nieces.

8. While walking down the seawall, and other places in Galveston (plus hurrying through airports for plane changes), my sandals wore blisters on both my baby toes. (I haven't worn them much since last summer and I haven't toughened up my toes yet...) And one of them popped. Owie! I'd better get them tough before RWA in July!

2 comments:

Irian said...

I have posted my 8 dealy-thingers.

Natasha Moore said...

Well, gee, Gail, I didn't know all those things about you :)

Natasha