Thursday, February 15, 2007

Dadgum! It's COLD!!!


I was going to do a blog about Maureen Dowd and her cluelessness, but I've never been able to read Dowd anyway (Oh, how I miss Molly Ivins! She's the only one who really ever got Texas politics) and we all know she needs a great big giant clue, so forget about her. I just want to get WARM.

We finally got the snow/ice melted off our back patio, and it decides to snow again. And get really, really cold. It's gotten warm enough to melt some of it off, especially off the streets, so I haven't had to do the 4-wheel drive thing, but it only stays that warm till for about 15 minutes, then gets cold again. Ugh. This time last year, my tulips were coming up. It snowed all morning yesterday, and most of the morning today. Good writing weather.

I actually got 7 pages written today, the most all week, but still not as many as I wanted. I may reach Paris soon. In fact, I'm hoping to get everyone there tomorrow. Cross your fingers.

I should have re-potted my plants this afternoon--I bought the potting soil so I could do it--but didn't get there. I went to the college basketball games, but missed the end of the women's game and the beginning of the men's because I went to community choir. All ladies tonight, but at least there was more than me and the director this time. (I forgot completely last week...) It was fun to sing, but I rusted the voice out doing it and didn't cheer at the ball game at all. I clapped really loud, tho.

Just agreed to write an article for the Published Authors RWA chapter website. Got to do that by Monday. Now, if I can get any revisions for Eternal Rose from my editor, I may have my ducks in a row.


Um--another painting. I think I finished this one last August or September. I painted it from this photo I took.

Let's see...I went on a reading binge earlier this week. I read Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs, Let There Be Suspects by Emilie Richards (a cute mystery with a minister's wife heroine), Catching Stanley by Deirdre Martin (hockey playing hero, neurotically shy dog trainer heroine), Howling Moon by C.T. Adams and Cathy Clamp, (hero's a werewolf, heroine's a shapshifting jaguar with a serial killer jaguar after her), and Maelstrom by Anne McCaffrey and Elizabeth Moon (living planet that's evolving the people and beings living on it). Hmm. No wonder I'm not getting much written this week. Reading too much...

No comments: